- Class One medicals, other than the initial one which must be done at Gatwick
- Class Two medicals, both initial and renewal
- ATCO medicals
Single crew commercial pilots still need to have six monthly medicals if they are over 40 years of age, but multi-crew pilots are now yearly.
Please check your certificate to see what tests would be due at your next medical. If you need an eye test, please ask the optician to complete the relevant form, which can be downloaded here.
- Your certificate is not valid after the end of the expiry date and there is no grace period.
- Your certificate is not valid to the end of the month it expires in.
- You can renew your certificate up to 45 days in advance and this will not affect the expiry date.
- If you renew it more than 45 days in advance, then your expiry date will be brought forward to the date that you renew it on and so you will lose time.