Well Being Medicals
We are currently updating this service. Further information can be obtained by contacting your surgery and talking to a Nurse.
Our Well Being Medicals are an opportunity to have a comprehensive examination to screen for underlying medical problems and also to offer lifestyle advice.
There are 2 components to the medical:
This is a 30 minutes consultation where the following are undertaken:
- Height and weight measurement with Body Mass Index computation
- Urine testing – For early signs of kidney disease and diabetes
- Provision of a personal and family history health questionnaire, to be completed at home and discussed at the doctors consultation
- Blood tests – these may be undertaken if requested by yourself, however these will be subject to an additional charge
This will be forwarded for your own personal records and it will act as a baseline for any future medicals that you may have.
Further information on blood tests
Additional blood tests can be undertaken for:
- Kidney function
- Liver function
- Fasting sugar levels
- Prostate specific antigen
- Stool specimens for analysis for traces of blood
These are charged in addition to the basic cost of the Well Being Medical.
For further information on any aspects of the Well Being Medicals please contact your surgery.